Learning and development
The tools you need to be the best you can be
We want our people to be the best in the business and for our customers to see them as practical experts. That's why we do all we can to help you make the most of your job, and help you make real progress in your career.
We provide a variety of learning opportunities and tools.
- A mentor to help you reach your full potential
- Regular reviews of your development and performance with your manager
- Access to the Development Toolkit to help you take charge of your own development and progression
- A full induction for all new colleagues followed with specific development opportunities for your role
- A comprehensive leadership and management development programme for new and existing managers, incorporating face-to-face training programmes, coaching, café learning sessions, and a knowledge website
- The Learning Centre enables you to learn at your own pace, both at work or at home
- Assistance in career development
Sponsoring our staff to achieve qualifications helps them be the best they can be. Our people regularly attain qualifications such as the Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP), the Foundation Degree in Financial Services, and the Certificate in Regulated Customer Care (CeRCC), along with relevant job specific qualifications (such as ACCA, CIM, and CIPD) and senior management qualifications (such as MBAs).
Structured Career Paths
Our structured career paths are designed to let you follow the career you want. They provide a clear development structure with pay rewards at various stages. They’re down to earth, clear frameworks that get you the results you want. There are also plenty of opportunities to develop your career and progress at middle and senior management levels through our structured career management system.