Is there an upper age limit for applicants?
Can I re-apply for a job at N&P?
What qualities do you look for?
There are some key behaviours and attributes we look for in all our people.
- We like our people to be customer-focused team players with a determination to succeed, keeping our customers at our heart.
- To treat others as individuals and set themselves the highest standards of fairness.
- The YBS Group is built on trust and that starts with our people.
- We like our people to be open, honest and responsible and to keep their promises.
- To approach their work with pride, enthusiasm and focus.
- To communicate with others clearly and simply and deliver the kind of services that comes from the heart and not a training manual.
For detail on the technical skills, qualifications and experience needed to carry out a specific role, see the relevant role description on this site.
How long will I need to wait before I can start my new job?
After you accept your new job, our HR Administration team will ask for references from your current and previous employers. (On average we require three years’ worth of references; some roles may need five).
We usually find that all references will be returned to us within three weeks. But sometimes it can be longer. Which is why we are always looking to speed up our process – and you can help. If you are able to contact your referees, you can ensure that they have received our request and ask them to return it to us as soon as possible. This could help you start your new job sooner.
Once we have checked all of your references, we will write to confirm your start date.
How can I get the most out of my interview with the YBS Group?
There are a number of ways you can ensure you are prepared for your interview.
- Read the information available on the Recruitment Process section of this site.
- You can also find some interesting articles and support available online.
The structure of your interview will be discussed with you beforehand. If you have to complete any ability tests, the Recruitment team will ensure you have the information you need to prepare for them. There are also websites where you can practice similar tests.
Don’t forget that this is a two-way process. It’s not just about us getting to know you: it’s about you getting to know us. So please ask questions and make sure that we are the right organisation for you.
How often can I apply for jobs?
You can apply for as many jobs as you like. If you are unsure of what type of role you think may be suitable for you, then send an email to the Recruitment team with your CV and an outline of what you enjoy in your current role. A member of the team will then give you a call back and explain the roles which may be of interest to you.