Five commitments to get the best from everyone
We believe that everyone has something great to offer. Which is why we’re really proud to carry the prestigious two ticks disability symbol. Awarded to us by the Employment Service, it shows we’re committed to employing, retaining, training and developing the careers of people with disabilities.
By following the five commitments listed below, we’re letting staff and the wider community know that we are – and always will be – positive about accommodating the needs of disabled people.
- Interviewing all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria, evaluating them on their talents and skills only
- Ensuring we discuss with disabled employees, at least once a year, what both parties can do to make sure no one is held back
- Making every effort to ensure newly disabled employees stay in employment
- Taking action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make sure these commitments work
- Reviewing these commitments each year, assessing what has been achieved, planning ways to improve on them, and letting employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans